KTDate

Join me on my journey through "It's Just Lunch!"

28 March 2006

More Disorganized Than Me?

So, IJL is rapidly losing points. On my first date, they messed up the name of the restaurant. Not the end of the world, because at least the address was correct. Then there wasn't a reservation under either my name or my date's; luckily they found us a table, but then we were told that the dining room was for eating, so we had to order something. Since IJL is specifically for drinks, if we'd had a reservation that shouldn't have happened (and my date wouldn't have had to be so goddamn long). Then, they never called me to walk me through my first "feedback" on that date, or even bother to tell me WHO at IJL I was supposed to debrief with (though granted, they probably knew how that date was going to go before we even met).

Now, I have a second date. At least, I'm guessing I do, since I got a confirmation on my office voice mail last night that I'm meeting C tonight at 7 pm. Unfortunately that was the first I'd heard of it. When I called to ask for details (for example, WHERE am I going), K was a bit rude (and accused me in a screechy sing-song voice of simply forgetting that I'd agreed to the time and place). She first pretended she had talked to me, then that she'd at least left a message. But since I am obsessive to the point of insanity about calendarizing appointments, I have no doubt that she never did either of those things.

One of the main reasons I joined IJL was because it is a lot of work to do this through online dating services -- you have to go through profiles online, chat for awhile, set up a meeting, etc. And my personal filtering system hasn't really been working well for me anyway. So basically I'm just paying someone to organize for me, and guess who I might like. Unfortunately, IJL is not exactly inspiring with organizational skills, and at n=1, their matchmaking skills bite.

I'm considering complaining to one of the managers (maybe that will net me a few free dates), but I have to balance that desire with a fear of what they will do to me if they decide that I'm a difficult bitch. They could hit me with the restaurant equivalent of urinating in my coffee. Is it possible that someone lurks at IJL that is a worse match for me than date #1? I don't really want to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>